How to make a simple and inexpensive DIY Luigi Costume for Halloween, including the hat, classic Mario overalls, and a power-up star.
How was your Halloween weekend? We had a busy weekend with a few Harvest Festivals and Trick-or-Treating — and my little guy loved dressing up in his DIY Luigi Costume for the activities.
Disclosure: This blog post contains affiliate links for products or services.
If it were up to three-year-old, he’d play Mario Brothers through all his waking hours. His favorite character in the game is Luigi — I think, partly, because he just loves the color green.
How to Make an Easy DIY Luigi Costume
This easy Luigi costume pulls together quickly. A perfect green cap ,basic overalls, and a green long sleeve tee are the base components for this quick DIY project.
Everything else is made from felt and basic craft supplies.
- Fabric Scissors
- Black Permanent Marker
- Cut out one circle from the white felt with fabric scissors.
- Cut out an “L” from the green felt with fabric scissors.
- Attach the “L” to the white circle with hot glue.
- Attach the logo to the cap with safety pins (or needle and thread.)
- Cut out two circles from the yellow felt with fabric scissors.
- Use a black permanent marker to draw 4 dots in a square.
- Connect the dots with an “X”.
- Attach the buttons to the overalls with safety pins (or needle and thread.)
- Cut out a star from the yellow felt with fabric scissors.
- Use a permanent marker to draw black oval-shaped eyes.
- Cut small dots from the white felt with fabric scissors.
- Hot glue the white dots to the center of the black eyes.
- Cut a short piece of string (approx 3″.)
- Loop the string and attach it to the back of the star with hot glue.
- Attach the star to the overalls by looping the string over one of the overall buttons.
Such an easy costume! Plus, the Luigi cap is now part of our “dress-up clothes (Halloween and playtime, a 2-in-1 DIY project).
More Mario and Luigi Costume Ideas
Mario and Luigi Costumes to buy:
DIY Mario and Luigi Costumes:
If you liked this DIY Halloween Costume, you might also like: