I previously wrote a post on decorating goals back in January, you can check it out here. Today, I am going to give an update on how my office/craft room area is coming along. Crossed off on the list below are the items that I have completed so far and what items I still want to add.
Office/Craft Room Area:
- Decide on color scheme
- Add a rug
- Add wall art
- Empty Boxes and organize closets
- Add desk organizers
Here is how the area looks today:
Disclosure: This page includes affiliate links.
I decided on a color scheme of magenta, kelly green, and hints of yellow because I love bright colors especially in an office or craft room area. To add these colors in, I added the following items:
- Polka Dot Rug – Urban Outfitters $15 (size 3 x 5)
- DIY Chalkboard Jars-Free, tutorial here
- IKEA Yellow Vase -Free (Find in stores)
- Green Square Metal Container – $1 from Target
- Spools of Thread Picture- Life through the Lens Shop
- Hope Street & Love Postcards- Life through the Lens Shop
- Camera & Light Postcards – $5 IKEA Art Card Set
- Glass Apothecary Jar – (similar)
- Polka Dot Memo Board – $10 (similar)
- “E” Mug- Gift for Christmas ($8 – Anthropologie)
- Pink Chair Cushion – $5 from IKEA (similar)
I plan on eventually making a new cork board with fabric (maybe chevron) and swapping it out for the polka dot board. I also plan on creating and adding more wall art to the main wall and two side walls. Below is some inspiration I have for this area:
Have you accomplished any of your decorating goals for 2013 yet?