Love shibori? Try one (or more!) of over 15 DIY shibori decor projects for your home: shibori pillows, blankets, towels, and more!
Yes, I’ve been on a bit of a DIY shibori kick, as of late. I’ve always been a blue and white girl, so it’s no surprise that this indigo dye technique catches my eye. If you like shibori, as well, you’ll love this list of over 15 shibori decor projects for your home!
New to shibori? Let me give you a quick run-down before we get started:
- Learn how to make shibori dye at home.
- Familiarize yourself with 5 easy shibori folding techniques to try.
- Find inspiration in 12 gorgeous shibori fabrics that are available by the yard (or buy one, and skip the dyeing process).
- Review the shibori FAQs to get answers to common questions.
Now, you’re ready to go! Pick your favorite decor project and get started dyeing (and decorating!).
DIY Shibori Home Decor Projects
Why Shibori Decor?
Why should you add DIY shibori to your home decor? I love the bold pop of color. Plus, shibori has a modern – yet still organic and natural – vibe. Shibori home decor might be a great choice:
- if you have a bohemian style
- to incorporate modern decor in a traditional space
- if you prefer earthy color palettes
- to add a pop of color in a neutral room
- if you like using organic textiles
If you liked these home decor ideas, you might also like:
- How to Make Bamboo Blinds with a Simple Hack
- 5 Simple Spring Home Decor Ideas
- How to Decorate a Porch on a Budget